Lighting Artist (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a challenging job in an attractive work environment in the gaming industry? Do you want to use your creativity and artistic talent to create games that will be played by people all over the world? Then contribute to the success story of HandyGames™ and take the opportunity to work for one of Germany’s top game developers and publishers! We are looking for a 3D Lighting Artist (f/m/d) with creative ideas and good knowledge in the field of game development for our headquarters in Giebelstadt.
For our current in-house game project, which is set in a gothic-inspired science fiction world with a story and combat focus, we are looking for a 3D Lighting Artist with a good sense of aesthetics and technical know-how.
Work closely with our art, design, and programming teams to breathe life into our game ideas together.
Within the game project you will mainly work with the following programs:
- Unity 3D
Join us and create next-gen content for PS5, Xbox Series X, PC, and co.
- Placing and adjusting lights for gameplay levels and cutscenes.
- Implementing atmospheric lighting staging using concept art that supports both gameplay and storytelling.
- Adjusting shaders, materials, and textures to improve the lighting of game assets.
- Optimizing lighting using your technical expertise to get the most out of both the look and game performance.
- You are experienced with Unity and/or the Unreal Engine and may have already gained first insights into the Unity High-Definition Render Pipeline
- Experience in 3D programs like Blender, 3ds Max, or similar software is an advantage
- You have excellent knowledge of lightmaps, baked, real-time lighting, and other lighting-specific tools and techniques
- You have the necessary knowledge and a certain feeling for colors, light, mood, and composition
- Ideally, you have theoretical knowledge of applied lighting, camera, dramaturgy, and staging in the film and animation industry.
- You have a strong theoretical understanding of lighting such as color spaces, physical light units, and the interaction of light with different materials.
- Experience with post-processing effects such as color grading and color correction
- Knowledge of HDR tone mapping is a plus
- Additional experience in tech art areas such as visual effects, shaders, or animation is a big plus
- You can familiarize yourself with new projects and situations quickly and well
- You convince with self-motivation, a sense of responsibility, a clean way of working, and the desire to grow with us
- You have a very good command of written and spoken English
HANDYGAMES™ OFFERS YOU
- 40 hours per week thanks to Scrum
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of paid vacation
- A short and quick decision-making process due to flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals
- Modern workplaces with state-of-the-art technology
- Opportunities for further training
- We support our foreign language employees with offered language courses in German
- Amazing colleagues
- In-house gym
- Company apartment on request
- Free drinks, snacks, and fruit
- ...and much more
i_Park Klingholz 13