Unreal Lighting Artist (m/f/d)
Reference ID: DE-ULA-22
- As of now
- In Hamburg/ Remote
- Fulfil your own dream and work with a highly motivated team on the multiplatform title "The Lord of the Rings: Gollum" (UE4) and its follow-up project (UE5).
- Optimise the lighting of scenes and cutscenes for The Lord of the Rings: Gollum and develop our lighting pipeline for the follow-up project.
- Work closely with artists and programmers to select the best possible and most efficient real-time lighting tools and strategies to bring light and shadow to the environments and cutscenes of Middle-earth.
- Work with cutting-edge technology to add high-quality and efficient lighting to the environments and cutscenes created by artists and animators
- Several years of professional experience as a lighting artist in the industry
- You have a relevant education or degree and identify yourself as an artist
- You have a first-class understanding of real-time lighting techniques
- Very good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is required, further knowledge of other game engines such as Unity, CryEngine or Amazon Lumberyard is welcome.
- Experience in working with Unreal Engine 5 and Lumen is an advantage
- You have a very good understanding of the various lighting systems of the Unreal Engine, including ray tracing, and can use them sensibly to illuminate the game environment
- You have a very good eye for the playing experience, a strong artistic sense for natural light and light composition
- Very good knowledge of the Unreal Engine Sequencer and the ability to convincingly light up characters and environments in cutscenes/ cinematics
- You have a deep understanding of how to optimise static lighting scenarios. When artists encounter light/shadow issues or artefacts, you can help them optimise their lightmap UVs and improve lightmap settings.
- You know the ray tracing functions of Unreal and can optimise them for the requirements of the project
- You have experience in development for CurrentGen and NextGen platforms
- You have a structured, independent and conscientious way of working
- You identify technical problems and find appropriate solutions
- You have a very good command of written and spoken English
- The opportunity to work with us on several multi-platform AAA productions based on the world-renowned IP "The Lord of the Rings".
- Work on CurrentGen and NextGen platforms, including Unreal Engine 5
- Challenging and varied task in an internationally oriented company
- An interesting and responsible job with your own creative freedom in a friendly team
- Extensive development opportunities
- Profession el workflows and processes
- The opportunity to play an active role in shaping the day-to-day work in a collegial team and to play a decisive role in shaping the quality of the projects
If you are looking for a challenge, like to learn new things and would like to apply and deepen your existing knowledge, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your complete application documents with reference ID and salary expectations (cover letter, CV, certificates, work samples and similar references) in a PDF file (max. 50 MB) by e-mail to:
email@example.com (Contact person: Martin Ditter). Reference ID: DE-ULA-22
We at Daedalic offer you to replace your first and last name with an alias (not a requirement!). Please also note that your application should NOT include a photo!