Linux System Administrator* Game Operations
Karlsruhe | hybrid working | full-time | from now
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Are you interested in running games and services in almost all countries around the globe?
As part of a dynamic and motivated team, you will work on various and challenging projects, such as the operation of existing games and the integration of new games into our existing infrastructure.
Please submit your application in English.
- You are responsible for the extensive and automated (Ansible) server infrastructure of our browser and client based online games
- You are open-minded towards innovations and changes to the existing systems and contribute to them independently
- You advise our internal product and project teams as a technical contact person
- You support internal developers and external game studios in planning game maintenances
- You independently carry out planned game maintenances, content updates, test system installations and troubleshootings in case of malfunctions
- You develop hardware resizings, deployment routines and automation concepts together with your team
- You will participate in the freely plannable on-call duty for 24/7 operations
Your tech stack
- Linux (Ubuntu & CentOS), FreeBSD, LAMP, Ansible, Ceph, Proxmox, KVM, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, ELK, Git, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Icinga, Grafana, Graylog, Jira, Confluence, Mattermost
- You have very good knowledge and experience in the administration of linux-based server systems
- You are familiar with at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, Bash, Python)
- You have experience with Ansible and the automation of heterogeneous infrastructure of 100 systems or more
- You can immediately assign terms like cluster, web server, HA, databases, firewalls and containers and know how to use them best
- You like to work in a team and want to contribute and constantly expand your own skills
- You think outside the box, question processes and analyze potential risks critically
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 35 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- We support your personal and professional development! Language courses, teambuilding activities, seminars and more
- We have full transparency at Gameforge! We all share our ideas because everyone has potential
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.