Senior 3D Artist
At Paladin, a Senior 3D artist creates beautiful 3D assets for our games. They work with the development team to translate 2D concept art into 3D models, ready for implementation in the game. Their 3D assets are up to par when it comes to performance, visual appeal, and visual communication. The 3D artist continuously applies clever solutions to get the most out of the technical challenges that come with 3D game development.
- Supervising an art team, provide constructive feedback and help our artists to further develop their skills
- Help develop the visual identity of our games
- Support artists to improve the art creation process
- Help implement 3D assets in Unity using our art pipeline
- Communicate with producers to help define clear goals for the art team
What we are looking for:
- Good eye for depth, volume, proportions, color, silhouette and readability
- Knowledge of low-poly modeling techniques
- Experience with Blender and Unity (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of real-time 3D rendering techniques to help establish a visual direction
- Able to create textures in a wide variety of styles and techniques
- Knowledge of edge flow and deformation for skinned characters
- Experience with GitHub repositories
What could help:
- Ability to create rough 2D concepts to illustrate ideas
- Experience with 3D rigging/animation
- Experience with particle effects for Unity
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same.
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- Extensive experience with 3D modeling for games, having released at least 1 title
- Extensive experience with Unity and 3D modeling software (Blender, Maya).
- Read, write and speak excellent English.
- Able to work at our office in The Hague.
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week.
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
- Remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Relocation support
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. This is why we would like you to be able to come into the studio every once in a while. We will offer support during the relocation proces.
If you prefer to work remote, we are open to finding a way to make that work. However, we prefer candidates to be roughly in the same time zone to ensure in sync work routines with the rest of the team.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 45 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Nailed It! Baking Bash - Calling all home bakers to join in this chaotic baking competition!
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag