Audio Programmer (f/m/d)
We are currently seeking a creative and passionate audio programmer to join us as we create our next outstanding game using the Unreal Engine. As an audio programmer you will work closely with our Music and SFX department implementing tools, systems, and scripts to create the best possible audio experience.
- Solid working knowledge of C++ with creative problem solving
- A university degree (not necessarily in computer science)
- Experience with recent AAA character-based games
- Passion for video games
- Passion for sound
- English language skills
- 3+ years’ experience in a game studio and completion of at least one game
- General experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with FMOD or similar tools
- Code samples (optional – submit only code that you wrote and own)
- Test task* (see below)
- Online video interview
- On-site interview (if possible, otherwise second online)
Test Task Information
- The test is a self-contained Visual Studio project written in C++.
- Expect the test to take about 8 hours. Can be spread over two or three days.
- Complete as much of the test as you can in the given time.
- You will write code, troubleshoot bugs, and optimize.
- Correctness, approach, ability to follow directions, and style will be evaluated.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free English & German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility. Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shape them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in Southern of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Getting here is easy because of excellent traffic conditions, 3 airports about 30 minutes away, and the Autobahn & ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in nature and ride to school by bike.
Love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living across the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.