Lighting Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a Lighting Artist to work on our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine. They will be working on setting up and maintaining a part of the lighting and moods for our games.
- Work with the Executive Art Director on defining moods and lighting styles.
- Set up the main lighting and moods of our levels/worlds.
- Set up local lighting of indoors and key locations.
- Set up of lighting for cutscenes and cinematics.
- Set up and lighting of dynamic VFX made by our VFX Team.
- Maintain the right balance between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Maintain/develop our lighting pipeline, research for new lighting techniques.
Reporting directly to the Executive Art Director
- Shipped at least 1 title as a full time Lighting Artist.
- 3+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a lighting artist.
- Strong knowledge of luminance and color theory.
- Strong knowledge of modern lighting techniques, technical and performance pipelines.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to Stylized.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver, team player.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal 4 lighting pipeline.
- Experience with performance tracking tools (Pix, Razor, RenderDoc).
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance
- Additional health insurance
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- Social events
- Relocation support
- Free German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.