Audio Designer (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for an Audio Designer to work with us on our upcoming project
- Design, edit and implement high-quality in-game sound effects (cinematics, gameplay, UI, etc.) according to guidelines and in harmony with the whole audio landscape
- Help design, implement, and populate audio systems (incl. interactive music systems)
- Edit music for cinematics and the music system
- Assist with audio outsourcing
- Assist with polishing and bug fixing
- Assist with mixing and mastering the full game
Reporting directly to the Head of Audio
- Proven track record of quality audio design and game implementation skills
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Experience with Audio Middleware (FMod, Wwise)
- Experience in sound effects production work
- Experience in music editing
- Experience with DAWs/audio creation software (e.g. Cubase, Reaper, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Creative and playful approach to working with audio and finding fresh ways of making audio shine
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g. audio engineering populate audio system
- Experience in recording and mixing music
- Experience in editing audio for cinematic media
- Experience with modular music systems
- Experience with Perforce
We would like to see your portfolio and reel
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free English & German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn, and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living across the border in Strasbourg, France, and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Please send your application to email@example.com.