UX Designer (f/m/d)
- Visualize game design ideas through wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Map out flow charts to describe player journeys in detail.
- Conceptualize the information architecture of the game’s systems and settings suite.
- Develop UX and usability strategies.
- Aid in designing onboarding and tutorialization strategies, focusing on player-centered solutions.
- Work closely with the UX and Game Design teams to determine what type of player experience is intended and how to maximize it
- Advocate for user-centered design, accessibility-focused design, and overall player-first design.
Reporting lines: Reporting directly to the UX Lead
- 2+ years’ experience working as a UX designer for video games or tech
- Experience working on game usability and accessibility; ideally for one AA+ title at least
- Proficiency with prototyping tools, Figma or Adobe XD
- Knowledge of the modern UX design approaches for console games
- Understanding of page & screen layout, typography, icon design and screen readability
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team
- Proactive mindset and curiosity
- Professional level of English
- Test task* (expect about 8 hours, can be spread over several days)
- Online video interview
- Ideally on-site interview, if possible, otherwise second online
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free English & German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility. Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shape them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in Southern of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Getting here is easy because of excellent traffic conditions, 3 airports about 30 minutes away, and the Autobahn & ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in nature and ride to school by bike.
Love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living across the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.