Game Design Intern
We are always looking for ambitious, motivated and talented interns to join our team. Want to work on awesome games, as part of a great team, in a positive working and learning environment? Join the Knights of the Round Table!
As a game design intern you are responsible for creating the functional designs of the game. You make sure that the game systems align with the vision for the project, that the game is easy to use, and most of all that the game is an awesome experience for the player.
What are we looking for:
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Able to produce documentation that communicates a game’s design vision
- Extensive knowledge of (mobile) games and mechanics
- Up to par understanding of technical and creative game design process
- Contribute to the creation of new concepts and pitches
- Plus: knowledgeable about Unity
What could help:
- Physics based game experience
- Avid game jam participant
- Are passionate about playing and making games
Any additional experience and/or knowledge is a plus. We’d love to hear the way you imagine those skills can contribute to this role.
- You need to be an actual student
- You need to speak fluent English
- You need to have an internship of at least four months
We are looking for interns who:
- Work well in small multidisciplinary project teams
- Challenge themselves to improve and open to receive and share feedback.
- Have a professional attitude and are able to work autonomously
- Are familiar with Scrum
Are you willing to give it a try?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Fellowship: We are in it together, strengthened by our differences
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- An internship fee, internal game jams, board game nights and other events
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
For more information, see paladinstudios.com and paladinstudios.com/blog.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 45 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Nailed It! Baking Bash - Calling all home bakers to join in this chaotic baking competition!
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
We are working on several new exciting games. Onward to ever more adventures!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form. First come, first serve.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag