As a Game Designer you are responsible for creating high quality game content on one of our classic IP games. You make sure that the game content aligns with the vision for the project, that the game is easy to use, and most of all that the game is an awesome experience for the player.
- Design physic-based puzzle levels within an existing parameter set
- Create game experiences that challenge and delight the player
- Concise and clear documentation that communicates a game’s design vision
- Passionately represent the interests of the player in every step of development
- Contribute to the design team with feedback and other improvements
What we are looking for:
- An understanding of level and puzzle design principles
- Ability to work within a defined set of parameters
- A strong intuition of what is fun and how to appropriately create challenges
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Experience with Unity
What could help:
- Experience with casual-mobile game design
- Experience with physics-based games
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organisation and stimulate others to do the same
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognise and create opportunities and to act accordingly.
- You have a strong passion for making and playing games
- You have a strong passion for level design
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We would much rather read your application, than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan and other benefits
- Hybrid/remote work possibilities & flexible hours
- Relocation support
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. This is why we would like you to be able to come into the studio every once in a while. We will offer support during the relocation proces.
If you prefer to work remote, we are open to finding a way to make that work. However, we prefer candidates to be roughly in the same time zone to ensure in sync work routines with the rest of the team.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 45 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Nailed It! Baking Bash - Calling all home bakers to join in this chaotic baking competition!
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag