Senior Frontend Engineer - jQuery (d/f/m) (Full-time, remote)
We are looking for a seasoned web frontend engineer to join our team remotely and help us take our online games to the next level!
- Work together with our artists to turn game artwork into reusable web components (HTML/SCSS).
- Implement static HTML/SCSS assets created by our designers into existing game code via embedded PHP templating.
- Rewrite existing as well as implement new jQuery based interaction and animation to fit new HTML/SCSS based interfaces, in a ES6 modular fashion.
- Help research, conceptualize, design and implement the packaging of our games into apps via technologies like Apache Cordova or Capacitor.
- Work together with our development team to bring the frontend side of new game features and updates to life post-launch.
What we look for:
- Excellent command of HTML(5)/(S)CSS(3)/Plain (ES6) JS.
- Expertise in JQuery, you know what makes it "tick" and what makes for slow code, you follow good practices and don't overrely on plugins to get the job done.
- Experience in PHP at least as a templating language for the implementation of dynamic HTML markup.
- Experience using Photoshop as tool to handle, manage and export graphical assets for development use.
- Proficient in English, you can communicate and discuss complex technical matters fluently.
- Comfortable using Git and GitHub.
- Experience working with ES6 JS modules.
- Experience working with preprocessing and packing JS tools such as ESLint, Babel, Rollup and Terser.
- Experience profiling JS via Chrome Dev Tools to find and correct bottlenecks in performance.
- Experience working with server-side node.js/npm + socket.io.js.
- Experience working with OOP PHP 5.6/7/8 codebases.
- Experience with PhoneGap, Apache Cordova, Capacitor, or a similar mobile app packaging framework.
- Experience working on browser games, mobile games, or videogames in general using web technologies.
What we offer:
- No whiteboard interview.
- Fully remote position with total flexibility, work from home with no fixed hours.
- Minimal buroucracy and hierarchy, zero corporate nonsense; we move fast and get to the point quickly.
- International team, we speak English at work, but are from everywhere in our hearts, with colleagues from over 10 nations the world over.
- Career oportunities, we are a small but hungry team with our eyes set on the future.
Interested in joining our team? Reach us with your application and/or your questions at email@example.com.
Lionmoon is an independent developer and publisher of free multi-platform multiplayer online games with in-game purchases. In 2015, Lionmoon launched the strategy web browser game Tentlan, which quickly went on to be played by thousands of players simutaneously all over the world. A second strategy web browser game, Anocris, was released in 2019, and rapidly garnered the attention of thousands of players as well. The company currently works on revamping their existing games for mobile platforms as well as on new, unannounced titles.