Karlsruhe | hybrid working | full-time | from now
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The Development Services department expands our browser games and integrates new games into our portfolio. Our tasks cover a lot of different topics, ranging from third-level support and game client updates to full-fledged feature implementations.
Are you passionate about gaming and would you like to help us improve and run our games? As part of our team you will be responsible for the development of our existing browser games, but you will also be taking care of varied tasks within the scope of client based games.
Please submit your application in English
- You take care of technical concepts of new features in our games
- You are responsible for the implementation until it's deployed smoothly
- You work on our existing web projects on the backend but also on the frontend side
- You write clean and detailed documentation and share your results with the team
- You are an approachable and knowledgeable contact for other departments
- You have very good and professionally proven knowledge of modern PHP (PHP 7.0 an up)
- You have knowledge and prior use of Slim and/or Laravel or comparable frameworks
- You have proficiency with relational databases
- You have experience with developing software for clusters with container orchestration (e.g. K8S/Helm+Docker)
- You enjoy sharing information with others and find it easy to explain things in detail
- You like working in a team and want to bring you and your abilities to the fore
- You look at the bigger picture, questioning existing methods and analysing potential risks
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 35 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- We put our complete trust in you! Through freedom to choose things like flexible assignment of working hours and personal responsibility for your own work
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.