Karlsruhe | hybrid working | full-time | from now
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The Gameforge Client Team develops and maintains a sizeable chunk of the backend services responsible for steering, streamlining and integrating the operations and communication that happens between our partners, the Gameforge Client and our users. API development and frontends with focus on performance, stability, interoperability and reliability is our forte.
As a Full Stack Developer* Java Script you will help build, evolve and maintain Gameforge's ever-growing publishing platform and it will be up to you, together with your teammates to create state of the art applications and refactor or maybe completely overhaul older solutions. You will be joining us as a full on Full Stack Developer* Java Script which also means consulting on new features and keeping an eye on not just the present but the near future - in other words - we don't just write the code, we own our codebase with all the responsibility and pride that entails.
Please submit your application in English.
- You will develop microservices, with a focus on scalability, future-proofing and interoperability
- You craft smooth and robust frontends using modern Web Development practices
- You are responsible for documenting your work, for instance, API specifications, technical requirements breakdowns, helpful guides for externals and newcomers
- You create technical specifications - with experience (both acquired here and brought) you will be able to prepare technical concepts or implementation details that will be the foundation of our practical work
- You collaborate with our Infrastructure department - working together with our TechOps crew you will have the opportunity to assist in shaping the "bigger picture" of our ecosystem
- You have experience with creating Node.js applications using Express (or similar framework) and frontends with React (comparable frameworks apply here too)
- You can use latest versions of TypeScript
- You have experience with developing software for environments and clusters with container orchestration (e.g. K8S/Helm+Docker)
- You have knowledge of writing unit tests in Jest
- You enjoy sharing information with others and find it easy to explain things in detail
- You like working in a team and want to bring you and your abilities to the fore
- You look at the bigger picture, questioning existing methods and analysing potential risks
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 35 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.