Senior Unreal Engine Technical Artist (m/f/d) Nine Worlds Studios
Nine Worlds Studios is a new video game development studio under the roof of Kalypso Media Group. Our experienced founding team is based in Munich, Germany, where we work on internationally acclaimed IPs, and create fresh and innovative titles for consoles and PC. Currently, we are working on the next installment of the beloved strategy series Tropico and we are looking for developers with passion, team spirit and who work to a high standard to create remarkable games for players worldwide.
We know that Tech-Art covers a wide area, so we don’t expect you to be an expert in all skills listed below. If you have a specialization, are passionate about what you do, like to learn new things, and want to work with a team of professionals, most of which worked together for a long time already, we are happy to receive your application!
At Nine Worlds Studios, we always strive towards getting things done together in an environment where everybody is actively contributing where they can. We trust and respect each other and are open for feedback and improvement. We love creating games and seeing our game improve week by week. We like structured workflows but add a pinch of creative chaos when we need it. A few lines cannot completely summarize our company culture, so we are looking forward to share more of our mentality with you during the application process.
As a member, you will work closely with the whole team and have a significant impact on our projects.
To support our team, we are looking for a Senior Unreal Engine Technical Artist (m/f/d).
- An experienced and ambitious team, working together on internationally acclaimed and globally marketed titles.
- A lively, creative and open atmosphere in a growing company group.
- Small team, huge security: while the work of each of our team members leaves a visible imprint on our games, being part of the Kalypso Media Group offers support and security in all stages of development.
- Fresh fruit and soft drinks are freely available.
We make it our goal to proactively contribute to the mental health of our employees. We are supported by an online tool.
- An ergonomic workplace: height-adjustable sit/stand table, comfortable gaming chair and 27” screens.
- High-end hardware.
- Sustainability and public transport: our office is within walking distance of a subway and bus station, we offer bicycle leasing via Jobrad and a pro-rata job ticket for public transport.
- Travel allowance available as an alternative for car drivers.
- Contribution towards lunch costs.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid workplace model (home office & office based)
- Up to 30 vacation days, plus 12 public holidays.
- Attractive employee discounts and company events round off the package with additional content.
- You are a passionate gamer
- You are experienced with parts of the above described tasks
- You have good knowledge with UE4/UE5
- You worked already at least 5 years in the games and/or software industry
- You participated in one or more complete development cycles
- You worked with versioning systems
- You have good communication skills in English
We appreciate if you also have:
- Experience in different departments of game development, e.g. programming, modelling, etc.
- Implementation of the game’s look and feel
- Implementation of shaders and materials
- Implementation of Technical Animation with Animation Blueprints and/or procedural animations
- Creation of Visual Effects
- Setup & maintenance of the game’s lighting and post processing
- Creation of technical asset specifications
- Conception and implementation of game feedback and signs
- Setup and maintenance of asset pipelines
- Integration of assets and animations
- Implementation of user interfaces
- Contribution to feature designs
- Work together with all departments to achieve the best result
- Support the team with your skills
Then we are looking forward to receiving your meaningful application with cover letter, resume and references.
We put a lot of emphasis on a cover letter. Don't see it as a chore, but as an extra chance to show who you are/tell us more about yourself.