Working Student* Development
Karlsruhe | hybrid working | part-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Development Services expands our browser games and integrates new games into our portfolio. Our tasks cover a lot of different topics, ranging from third-level support, game client updates, to full-fledged feature implementations. Are you passionate about gaming and would you like to help us improve and run our games? With us, you can go straight into practice parallel to your studies.
Please submit your application in English.
- You update the operating systems of our browser games
- You take care that the code stays compatible with newer versions of PHP
- You match the database interactions to the newer versions of MySQL
- You test the basics of the games on the new version of the operating systems
- You support the quality assurance department with their tests of the new game version
- You have experience with different PHP versions (5.*, 7.*, 8.*)
- You know the differences between MySQL 5 and 8
- You can easily work in the LAMP stack
- You use Ubuntu without any issues; on the command line interface, too
- You have good communication skills in English, knowledge of German is an advantage
- You enjoy sharing information with others and find it easy to explain things in detail
- You like working in a team and want to bring you and your abilities to the fore
- You know how to handle complex tasks without losing your cool
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 35 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- Enthusiasm is in our DNA! Each and every one of us shares a passion for play
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.