Trainee Game Designer (m/f/d) - #5718
Game Design Graduate Program is focused on entry-level graduates who want to start a career in the dynamic, fast-paced Games Industry. It offers you unique working experience in our Design Center, where you will gain valuable wide experiences in different design areas and projects for live and new games. You will have the opportunity to build a network and exchange knowledge with other more senior designers. That way, you can make a big step forward towards a successful career as a Game Designer in a dynamic working environment.
You will have access to rotating roles and various training and development opportunities, including:
• Leadership skills development
• Networking, Coaching and Mentoring relationship
• Learning curriculum (training, e-learning modules)
You'll experience assignments and tasks with real, hands-on responsibilities integral to Bigpoint's business.
Step 1: Introduction
The Game Designer Graduate Program starts with a welcome week. Together with the other members of the Graduates program, you will get a first introduction to the Bigpoint, the game industry, and the workflow of a game development company.
Step 2: Game Design Introduction
After the introduction week, you will start your work, supporting the designers in different projects and areas of design. You will complete assignments and tasks on all current topics. Your stay will be supplemented with expert training.
Step 3: Exposure to the operations of the Game Industry
You will walk through all game operations areas and get a holistic business picture by having the opportunity of getting to know how our business works and how we are making a profit.
Step 4: Hands-on Game Design
To guarantee a smooth start into your future function, you will spend the last months doing your own assignment. You will be assigned to a project where your expertise will be needed. The major development focus will be on on-the-job trainings to gain final practical experiences for the upcoming job placement.
- You have, or you currently are, on your way to a university degree in the field of economics, game development, statistics, or equivalent.
- First experience in designing systems for mobile or PC based online games
- First skills in scripting and prototyping gameplay mechanics
- You can clearly articulate your ability to design systems for online multi-player games
- You have a creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player's point of view and stay organized under pressure
- You are proficient in Excel
- You can explain complex data insights concisely and visually.
- You are pro-active, self-initiated, and flexible
- The first experience in Unity or comparable engines is a plus
- You have a passion for games, especially f2p Games and their mechanics
- You have strong written and oral English communication skills.