System Administrator* Windows Game Operations
Karlsruhe | Hybrid | Full-time | immediately
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe.
Are you interested in running games and services in almost every country around the globe?
As part of a dynamic and motivated team, you will work on varied and challenging projects, such as operating existing games and integrating new games into our existing infrastructure.
- You are responsible for the extensive Windows server infrastructure of our client-based online games
- You are open-minded towards innovations and changes to the existing systems, and you also introduce them independently
- You advise our internal product and project teams as a technical contact person
- You support internal developers and external game studios in planning game maintenances
- You independently carry out planned game maintenances, content updates, test system installations and troubleshootings in case of malfunctions
- Together with your team, you will develop hardware resizings, deployment routines and automation concepts
- You will participate in the freely schedulable on-call service for 24/7 operations
Your tech stack
- Windows Server (2008 R2 - aktuell), ActiveDirectory, Powershell, Microsoft SQL Server, Hyper-V, Azure
- You have very good knowledge and experience in the administration of Windows server systems
- You are proficient in Powershell and also scripting
- You have experience with automating jobs and want to work on a custom solution for it
- You can immediately assign topics like GPO, NPS, RAS, SQL-DBs, HyperV, WSUS, DNS , Firewalls and CI/CD and know how to use them best
- You like to work in a team and want to contribute and constantly expand yourself and your own skills
- You think outside the box, question processes and critically analyze possible risks
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, because employees from over 35 nations are part of our team
- We work hybrid! You agree with your manager and your team to what extent you work in the office or from home
- We support your personal and professional development! With language courses, team building measures, suitable seminars and much more
- We work transparently at Gameforge! We voice our ideas because everyone can make a difference
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles Swords of Legends Online, AION, Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.