Big Data Engineer* Azure
We are Gameforge
Karlsruhe | full-time | from now
We are one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
The Gameforge business intelligence team integrates data from all games and central services into a database, which is used for analysis, reportings and CRM measures.
As a Big Data Engineer* Azure, you will help port our on-premises solution to the cloud and support the implementation of machine learning solutions. You integrate the data coming from different sources into the Data Lake and the Data Warehouse and prepare it from there for reporting, analysis and automation, so that data-driven decisions are possible at any time.
- You take care of the migration of our BI platform to Azure and its further development
- You share your knowledge about Azure with the team
- You analyse and optimise existing solutions and adapt them to changing requirements
- You will conceive, plan and develop Big Data solutions that can be used to answer a wide range of questions from specialist departments and product teams
- You have in-depth knowledge of Azure
- You have hands-on experience in migrating BI systems to the cloud
- You are familiar with Azure Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Storage Azure Data Factory and Power BI
- You have experience with data engineering and reporting
- You enjoy working in a team and would like to contribute your skills
- You know how to handle complex tasks without losing your cool
- You look at the bigger picture, questioning existing methods and analysing potential risks
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 35 nations are part of our team
- The future's hybrid! Together with your manager and team, you can arrange how you split your time working from home or at the office
- Where colleagues become friends! Regular team events and an open company culture
- We put our complete trust in you! Through freedom to choose things like flexible assignment of working hours and personal responsibility for your own work
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION Classic, Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story and Tiny Thor.
More information is available on http://corporate.gameforge.com/
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.