Senior Game Designer
As Senior Game Designer you make sure that the game aligns with the creative vision, that the development team is inspired and informed, and most of all that the game is an awesome experience for the player.
- Define, maintain, and champion the creative vision together with the game director
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to turn the vision into an experience
- Drive gameplay, systems, and content design through all development phases
- Turn player feedback and data into design direction and implementation
- Work with the project management and stakeholders on the schedule, roadmap and backlog
- Mentor other designers to help them level up
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a game designer on multiple shipped game productions
- Strong sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience mentoring other game designers
What could help:
- Experience with physics based games
- Experience with multiplayer games
- Experience with live operations
- Experience working with existing IP
- Communication: You can easily translate ideas for others to understand
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for your own actions
- Flexibility: Adapting to reach a certain goal
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
- Experience on multiple games as a designer
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Able to work at our office in The Hague
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We have set this position up with the idea of hiring a senior, but we would much rather read your application than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
Fellowship: We are in this together
Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Being part of a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching, training and other opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan, bonus scheme, participation plan and other benefits
- Partial remote work and flexible hours
- Relocation support
At Paladin we have a career framework set up with levels and profiles per role. The salary ranges will differ per open position depending on the placement within the framework.
For this position we are open to discuss salary depending on the person and level of experience.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. We are currently coming to the office two days per week. In the future this might change, but we expect to stay hybrid. We are committed to a hybrid studio culture, so we are not offering fully remote jobs.
We will offer support during the relocation process.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague. We are a team of 45+ knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Nailed It! Baking Bash - Calling all home bakers to join in this chaotic baking competition!
- Cut The Rope Remastered - A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! - Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag