Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
To develop and support the Skull & Bones project, Ubisoft Blue Byte is looking for a
If you are a talented programmer with strong C++ skills, Blue Byte Mainz – A Ubisoft Studio wants you to join our development team for “Skull & Bones”. We expect you to have outstanding people skills, a collaborative “yes, and…” attitude, and a longstanding passion for games within many genres on multiple platforms.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany)
- Implement various gameplay systems and tools for our AAA game “Skull & Bones”
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion core game values, especially 'gameplay first'
- Very good C/C++ programming skills
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, such as game object management, AI, pathing, scripting, combat, and online networking preferred
- Speaks “designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Good communication skills in English language
- Experience working with C++ engines
- Experience in C#, WPF and Python
- UI development experience
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working on networked games
- Experience working on security issues
- A passion for playing strategy games
- In-depth familiarity with Ubisoft products
- Flexible work hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to rent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH