Community Developer (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering high quality products, we are seeking a suitably qualified and motivated Community Developer (f/m) to be based at our Düsseldorf Studio.
Working with an exciting brand on an unannounced project, the position will be responsible for the strategic management of communities with a global focus. You will also be responsible for guiding an international team of community managers, planning and defining the current and future strategies.
Further responsibilities include:
- Create overall strategies and tactical campaigns that extend the level of player engagement with an eye towards improving player retention, facilitating customer satisfaction and building brand awareness.
- Partner with the marketing- and development team to understand product designs, provide feedback on features, tools, and channels being created to manage or drive community/social/viral activities, and devise compelling programs that leverage these elements
- Create and maintain a calendar that communicates the schedule of overall community content beats.
- Lead the creative process resulting in the creation of community content, including but not limited to written articles/blogs, videos/livestreams, tutorials/guides, and developer Q&A/AMAs.
- Partner with production teams and community managers in order to facilitate approvals, oversee publishing, and coordinate messaging to drive traffic to community content.
- Own community-focused communications in both day-to-day and crisis management situations.
- Partner with community managers, game masters, and customer support representatives to establish community moderation/conduct policies and synthesize player input/feedback to provide guidance to game production teams.
- Generate reporting that communicates player mood/sentiment and the effectiveness/ROI of community-oriented content/programs.
- 5+ years experience working in community management, social media, online marketing, and/or user experience
- 2+ years experience in a professional game development or publishing environment, preferably working on service-based games
- Strong understanding of content management systems and social media channels/platforms/services, mechanics, and trends, especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch
- Strong organizational, project management, and cross-functional coordination skills
- Experience with video content production and/or livestreaming preferred. Prior experience presenting to public audiences or “on-camera” experience a significant plus
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German.
- Flexible work hours
- Access to various Internal & External training courses, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidised lunch meals, Free Bike rental or lease your own bike and many more!
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our careers portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de
Blue Byte GmbH