Unity C# Developer
The Unity Developer works with the rest of the development team to create the technical aspects of the game. They are accountable for making the game work smoothly, bug-free and with perfect game feel. In addition, they work with the Unity editor and C# to get everything together as a whole.
- Excellent code and game functionality, with a “spark” and solid technical solutions.
- Deliver on sprint commitments, and provide maximum value to the sprint deliverables
- Get the game to a shippable state each sprint
- Contribute to the performance of the company-wide Tech team
- Deliver code up to par with Paladin’s coding guidelines
- Minimize bugs, and find effective solutions for technical issues
- Maintain live projects with new features and bugfixes
ROLE BASED COMPETENCIES
- Excellent general programming skills in Unity C#.
- Experience with implementation of GUI graphics and animation for a perfect polish.
- Controls, mechanics, and “game feel” and polishing effects for the perfect game feel.
- Good grasp of system- and architecture design, best practices and programming patterns.
- Work well in a small multidisciplinary team (6-12 team members).
- Flexible attitude when it comes to getting the job done
- Review team member code and provide good feedback.
- Show excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 2+ years experience with game development in Unity C# (Gameplay, GUI, Tools programming)
- 1+ years experience with mobile game development
- Read, write and talk excellent English
- Able to work 40 hours per week at the studio in The Hague
- Plus: Unreal / C++ experience
Paladin has six core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Synergy: We combine our individual strengths to achieve our goals.
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis.
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work.
- Adventure: We go off the beaten tracks.
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions.
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams of 6-12 people. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly round table meetings, all aspects of the company are discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer based in The Hague, The Netherlands. We are a team of 40+ knights, and growing fast. Our mission is to create games with a spark for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
- Amazing Katamari Damacy – Endless roller based on the cult hit
- Momonga Pinball Adventures – An epic pinball adventure
- Galaga Wars – The classic arcade hit re-imagined
We are working on several new exciting games. Onward to ever more adventures!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound good? Awesome! To apply, please fill in the application form in the link down below. First come, first serve. Please link to your portfolio and CV, or add them as attachments.
Saturnusstraat 60, Unit 76
2516 XZ Den Haag