3D Programmer Intern [Anno 1800](f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "Avatar", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a
3D Programmer Intern (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
- Work on and improve existing code
- Research new render techniques
- Collaborate with game designers/level designers/artists
- Maintain existing engines, tools and other components
- Analyze performance of your code and optimize
- Ideally a university degree in applied science with focus on computer graphics
- Experience with programming 3D graphics applications using current rendering APIs (e.g. Direct3D, OpenGL) and shader languages
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ language
- Good understanding of 3D math
- Good communication skills
- Ability and desire to work as a team player
- Self-direction and motivation
- Ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
- Passion for making and playing games
- Experience with Direct3D 12
- Multithreading experience
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership
- Possibility to rent bikes free or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge as a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative and to work in an innovative and international company.
This is an ideal opportunity for people who want to learn about video game production as a whole or about specific areas such as programming, art or game design, as you will be working alongside exceptionally talented people from which you can learn.
If you have fun working in the Games industry, please apply via our career portal (APPLY TO JOBS-BUTTON).
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information, please check www.bluebyte.de and http://www.ubi.com
Blue Byte GmbH - Studio Mainz