Head of Finance (f/m)
Kolibri Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two Games, ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have already reached 50 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer an autonomous studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
We are looking for someone to lead our Financial team. As a rapidly growing start up we have broad roles that allow you to touch upon multiple areas of the business. The Head of Finance will be Managing our finance and legal employees and handle any internal Legal issues, through liaising with external Legal teams.
- High level overview of the company's Financial position
- Using Excel models, develop custom reports for the C level team on the current financial status and needs within the company
- Working with C level across multiple areas of interest both internally and externally
- Liaising with external teams such as investment partners to foster great long term relationships
- Helping to analyse and decide on investment and growth opportunities
- Contribute to the development of a merger and acquisition strategy and lead any such transactions and integration processes
- Handling all FFG company legal matters and working with external legal teams to ensure matters are handled effectively
- Manage a small financial team and ensure that accounts are filed correctly and on time
- Collaborate with internal partners and stakeholders to identify/ propose process improvements and drive efficiencies.
- Provide direction, strategic advice and counsel to the CEO to ensure overall achievement of the financial objectives, goals, and strategies for the organisation
- Stay informed of any German/Berlin government grant initiatives and drive the initiatives
- Detailed, structured and careful way of working with high personal initiative
- Flexible, reliable, communicative, open to new ideas
- Very good knowledge of German as well as good knowledge of English required
- Knowledge of the principles of proper accounting and the application of commercial law
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field or MBA
- Previous financial management experience in a CFO or controller role, ideally in the gaming / digital / tech field
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Experience helping companies scale
- Excellent proven leadership and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and to solve problems
- Highly analytical
Why Join us?
- Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - We’re aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Salary - Competitive Salaries - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ’s and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is a vibrant games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Kolibri Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.
Hallesches Ufer 60