The Lead Artist is creating and maintaining the visual styling for Spil Games’ products, in alignment with the Lead Game Designer and Product Owner. You will manage a team of UI, UX and Graphic Designers in order to guarantee the consistency and high quality of Art across Spil Games portfolio of mobile games.
Tasks and responsibilities of this position are:
- Developing, maintaining, and refining a vision and direction for Art across Spil Games mobile portfolio;
- Managing a team of internal as well as external UI, UX and Graphic Designers in order to guarantee the consistency and high quality of Art across Spil Games portfolio of mobile games;
- Researching, exploring, communicating and implementing best Art and UX/UI practices; give feedback & direct UI/UX work done within the team;
- Responsible for all art documentation and guidelines, close cooperation with the Game Design to review and approve briefs;
- Attending all lead reviews and kickoff meetings to ensure the art has the proper level of understanding when it comes to particular features and what they entail;
- Developing and providing continuous quality improvement recommendations;
- Responsible for mentoring and evaluating artists on the game team; Resolves conflict and makes sure outstanding contributors are acknowledged;
- Comfortable with both giving and receiving feedback in a constructive, encouraging manner.
- Relevant experience as Lead Artist in mobile games industry;
- Shipped titles covering full production cycles;
- Experience leading a team of artists from concept to completion;
- Experience and affinity with the female target audience is a must;
- You have a relevant online portfolio demonstrating your Mobile Gaming experience;
- Strong traditional and digital drawing/painting skills;
- Strong art foundation including, but not limited to Composition, visual hierarchy, color theory, anatomy, animation principles;
- Expert-level skills in one or more of the following areas: Concept art, Adobe CC, UI creation, illustration, 3D modeling/texturing, Unity implementation, animation/FX
- Excellent supplementary skills to facilitate art development in one or more of the following areas: Sketches/Wireframes, composition, iconography, motion graphics, storyboarding/visual targets
Why Join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- A pension and collective health insurance plan
- Reimbursement for your daily commute
- Extras, such as a fitness plan and lunch provided by La Place
- And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we
- grow with you!
How to Apply?
Please send your CV, motivation letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please.