Senior Technical Artist
The Senior Technical Artist uses his technical skills to accomplish great aesthetic results. Both in the form of creating technically challenging assets (e.g. particle effects, shaders) and supporting the art team with technical improvements (e.g. rigs, scripts, pipeline enhancements, performance analysis and recommendations). The ideal candidate is also able to contribute to production by modelling, texturing, level building etc.
- Create assets with a technical nature;
- Research and implement technical improvements;
- Train other artists in best practices, tools and processes;
- A solid understanding of rendering theory on a range of devices;
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 materials, shaders, VFX, optimization etc.;
- Good communication skills with team of artists, programmers and game designers;
- Strong technical insight; from content creation to getting it to run in a game;
- An affinity with workflow optimization; writing scripts and tools that make life easier;
- Modeling and texturing abilities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Substance Painter & Designer experience;
- Experience with Houdini;
- Knowledge of MEL and Python;
- Programming skills in C++ and/or C#;
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages.
- You have an interest in both technical systems and aesthetics, and how they influence each other;
- You are able to analyze, solve and document workflow- and pipeline issues;
- Your background is in games or related fields, with multiple years of experience.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
1013 AD Amsterdam