GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (m/f/d) - 735589
The Drakensang Online team is looking for a motivated and passionate Game Developer for the popular "Hack and Slash" game.
Drakensang Online is an award winning, epic fantasy Action-RPG incorporating the best elements from classic MMORPGs. Players traverse across the game world, embarking on quests and engaging in a huge variety of PvP and PvE battles in their search for rare loot.
Produced at Bigpoint’s Berlin development hub using our own proprietary Nebula engine, it was the first cross platform (client + browser) 3D AAA action RPG developed in Europe.
- Bring gameplay features with all multimedia aspects into our game
- Maintenance, enhancement and optimization of our existing game engine
- Work closely together with our Art, Game Design and UI experts
- Effective and efficient identification and solution of problems
- Refactoring and maintaining existing systems, including all parts of an MMO, such as: Client / server communication, database engine and more
- Ensuring high quality, maintainable code and documentation
- University degree in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable qualification
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing video games
- Extensive knowledge in practical C++
- Experience with well-known C ++ game engines such as Torque3D, CryEngine, UE or in-house engines
- Well-based and disciplined programming skills with experience in architecture and best practices
- Experience with tools development and tools maintenance is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills
- Good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions for complex problems
- You are a team player who enjoys working with other departments on shared goals
- Passion for games
- Fluent in written and spoken English