LEAD PROGRAMMER (m/f/d) - 735582
As Lead Programmer you drive and own the technical development for one of our strongest live game titles Drakensang Online.
Drakensang Online is an award winning, epic fantasy Action-RPG incorporating the best elements from classic MMORPGs. Players traverse across the game world, embarking on quests and engaging in a huge variety of PvP and PvE battles in their search for rare loot.
Produced at Bigpoint’s Berlin development hub using our own proprietary Nebula engine, it was the first cross platform (client + browser) 3D AAA action RPG developed in Europe.
This role will have you own the overall tech responsibility for the game in its entirety. You create the road map and lay out the plans to the technical team to get it done at a high-quality bar and in a timely fashion. You will play a key role in the architectural design of solutions, during both the solution design meetings and the coding of this project.
- Build and run a team of talented developers, covering front and back-end development of a high-quality MMORPG game
- Be accountable for the technology, maintenance and improvement of all game systems
- Define the strategy and roadmap for the game’s technical development in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Represent the technology perspective on a management level
- Own the technical documentation and quality of the team’s output
- Lead, mentor, support and train the developers in order to enhance their skills
- Work with stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work
- Identify the development team’s talents and needs
- Implement and improve processes in order to maintain a productive work environment
- University degree in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable qualification
- 8+ years of extensive practical knowledge in C++ in a professional environment
- 5+ years in a Lead Software Engineer role with rock-solid leadership skills
- Profound programming skills with best-practice knowledge and experience in system design and architecture
- Robust knowledge and experience with server, client, database and external module infrastructure
- Proven track record of delivering high quality online game projects
- Ability to give direction and feedback, and see it through towards making improvements
- Flexible and pragmatic approach in a high paced game development environment
- Strong team and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical colleagues
- Passion for games
- Fluent in written and spoken English