Experienced Artist (3D)
EGOSOFT is looking for an experienced hard-surface artist to work with us on our own IP "X4: Foundations". As a hard-surface artist at EGOSOFT you will work in collaboration with the lead artist and the rest of the team. Due to the fact that EGOSOFT is a small company there will be a wide range of areas you will work on, such as space ships, station modules, interiors, effects and atlas textures. We expect you to take your art all the way from ideas and concept through modeling, texturing and final setup and implementation in the game.
- Minimum of 5 years experience creating high quality assets in a production environment
- Strong working knowledge of Blender (or experience with equivalent tools and motivation to transfer those skills)
- Ability to design as well as create appealing and visually coherent assets inspired by our existing visual guidelines
- Strong knowledge of effective asset creation and optimisation
- Experience with physical based rendering
- Experience working with atlas textures and creating of such
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Delivered at least one PC/Consoles game title
- Experience with Substance tools
- Experience with XML file structures
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision
- Experience with concepting
- Working knowledge of 2D image processing tools (Photoshop / Gimp)
- 3ds Max knowledge
- Experience with planning and documentation software (Jira / Confluence)
- Relocation assistance is offered
Send your application via e-mail: email@example.com
Please enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio in your application. Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual should be willing to work in-house, in our studio based in Würselen, Germany. In exceptional cases we might also consider contractual work, but only on a very long term basis with extremely experienced artists!
EGOSOFT, founded in 1988, is one of Germany's leading game developers. Its team of industry veterans and dedicated game enthusiasts entered the international stage with the widely-acclaimed X-Beyond the Frontier space simulation game in 1999. EGOSOFT is exclusively dedicated to setting new standards in the space game genre and continuing to improve the gameplay experience for fans of the X Universe. For more information on EGOSOFT and its products visit https://www.egosoft.com.
Located at the western end of Germany, very close to the Dutch and Belgian borders, EGOSOFT is a small company with a very dedicated and international team. The team consists of about 25 employees, with six different nationalities. The company language is English. We would be happy to assist you with relocating.