Unity Lead (f/m/d): Bring an entirely new game to life, from start to finish
We are hiring!
About the role
In this role you get the rare opportunity to bring a new game to life and develop it from start to finish. You lead and execute the technical design as well as the implementation of the Unity client, where you set up the project structure, decide on tools and workflows, work with server developers and are a guide for junior developers who can learn from you. You work directly with game designers and artists and report to the Studio Technical Director.
- You are an experienced senior software developer and lead engineer with relevant years of successful experience leading a small, focused team of developers
- You have shipped at least one commercially successful (Top 100) Unity game and relevant years of personal experience working as a Unity engineer in the games industry
- You’re self organized, motivated, focused and disciplined; a do-er & maker
- You have excellent knowledge of the Unity game engine, 2D, C# and OOP principles
- You have experience with iOS and Android Mobile Development
- You have an excellent understanding and practical experience of applying Software Architecture, how to structure a Unity project that scales, its workflows, pipelines, etc
- You have knowledge on Git and eventually Perforce
- Your understanding of and experience with cross-platform development and client server applications is excellent
- You are used to working in agile, fast paced environments
- You are a team player and leader, an excellent communicator who loves to work in an international team
- Your written and spoken English is excellent
- A valid work and residence permit is a plus
- Take an active part in game creation and specificationClient development of complex multiplayer mobile games
- Collaborate in the development of innovative new games in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Build Prototypes of concepts based on the game design
- Creating and improving our asset workflows
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Share knowledge, help and mentor colleagues
- Must love to rollup your sleeves and get dirty with Unity3D; integrating textures, animation, meshes, adjusting lighting, setting camera angles, optimization, audio
- A professional team of experts that has fun at work
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
Your contact person is: Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 400 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront Group AB in 2018. Stillfront Group AB is a group of independent creators , publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.