Game Artist (m/f/d) – Generalist for VR
Trotzkind is a Berlin based content and technology studio for immersive media. In 2017, we developed HUXLEY, a location based multi-user VR game and one of the first VR Escape Rooms worldwide. In addition to many other nominations, HUXLEY won the German Computer Game Award 2018 for Best Innovation.
For our upcoming single-player VR game, we are looking for a Game Artist (m/f/d) – Generalist. The game will combine the immersion and immediacy of VR-Gaming with the multiperspectival approach of Public History to create a narrative-driven VR Adventure.
- Define the game’s art direction
- Create game-ready assets for VR on mobile hardware
- Work together with the creative director and other departments to realize the project’s creative vision
- Capable of creating concept art to develop and communicate a great visual style
- Extensive experience using 3D modelling software (Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tools).
- Good understanding of UV layout and current texturing pipelines (Photoshop or Substance, Quixel)
- Experience with game engines (Unity/Unreal) and a feeling for good level design
- Very good understanding of video games and art pipelines
Experience with character creation and motion capturing (Reallusion, Xsense or other)
Experience with VR and its specific demands as related to art creation
Interest in historical topics
What we offer:
Work in a small team of passionate game developers with flat hierarchies
Great creative freedom and the opportunity to try out new technologies and pipelines
Remote work on an interim basis possible
Send us your application including CV, references, portfolio and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Am Krögel 2