Lead Character Artist (f/m/d)
Would you like to be part of a passionate team dedicated to creating unique players' experience and to leave a mark in the landscape of games?
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Lead Character Artist to work with us on our flagship title ‘The Cycle’. In this role, you will lead the character art team and work together in interdisciplinary teams and in a fast-paced and professional environment.
As a Lead Character Artist, you are someone who loves evoking emotions with your brush strokes and bringing alive characters, human or beast, realistic or stylized. Your primary duties, under the direction of the art director, are in leading the character art team in delivering breathtaking characters that wow our audience! You are expected to lead by example and to be able to work collaboratively with other leads.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Collaborating with the Art Director in setting the visual style and quality bar for our characters
- Creating AAA quality game characters from start to finish
- Collaborating with character and concept artists in iterating all aspects of our character designs
- Driving character creation pipeline development and documentation
- Ensuring all characters satisfy technical engine and animation requirements
- Leading efforts to optimize art assets for performance and memory usage
- Collaborating with producers to manage and schedule the character art team’s workload
- Managing communication with and delivering feedback to outsourcing partners
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring the character artists on a disciplinary and people level
- Providing clear, concise, consistent, and timely visual direction, guidance and feedback
- 5+ years shipped game title experience
- Strong work ethic and leading by example
- Self-motivated in looking for opportunities to make improvements
- Ability to work within deadlines and display strong time management skills
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette and ability to stylize these
- Excellent understanding of state-of-the-art pipelines and workflows
- Strong technical modeling skills, including clean mesh, UVs, and scene & file organization
- Proficiency in painting textures, creating shaders for real-time rendered characters
- Expert knowledge of Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Substance Suite or equivalent
- Experience with Marvelous designer or other tools for generating realistic clothing
- Prior Leadership experience
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager and participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!