Senior Systems Designer (f/m/d)
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games while working in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment and with people who are passionate to create an awesome game experience together?
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Systems Designer who loves working in interdisciplinary teams to join the talented team behind The Cycle, a F2P first-person high-stakes PvPvE shooter.
As a Senior Systems Designer, you will work with us on building, balancing, and enhancing our meta- and monetization systems within our player-interest-first strategy. You will work closely with the Lead Game Designer and the Creative Director and will bring your systems design experience and game monetization expertise to the table.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Drive the design and balancing of the in-game economy and progression systems to support our compelling core gameplay.
- Promote a holistic monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in-game revenue, while respecting the player experience.
- Design meta retention systems, reward loops, and monetization mechanics/systems that are in-line with the game's vision.
- Maximize the performance of in-game shop and virtual currency packages, both in terms of content and pricing.
- Take ownership of the performance of these systems throughout all development phases and after release.
- Work closely with business intelligence in analyzing the performance of systems and create plans and designs for further development.
- Solicit feedback from, and provide feedback and mentoring to, other designers and developers, especially regarding meta and monetization systems.
- Keep track of emerging Free 2 Play and monetization trends.
- 5+ years industry experience as a systems designer with at least 1 year of experience in monetization.
- Track record of working on games with strong meta systems and F2P monetization.
- Deep knowledge of the meta and monetization from top F2P and GaaS games.
- Fluent in KPIs and experienced in working with business intelligence analysts.
- Proven team player, able to work with designers and developers from different disciplines.
- Proven skills in MS Excel, thus independently able to build models.
- Strong drive to push for best-in-class quality and a keen eye for the big picture of the game.
- Hands-on experience with the Unreal engine.
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!