Experienced Gameplay Programmer (m/f/nb) for Triple-I Action Roguelite
Studio Fizbin is an award-winning independent studio from Germany, with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg. We make compelling and hand-crafted games since 2011. Last year, we released “Minute of Islands” and “Say No! More” among other projects and released “The Inner World 1+2” before. Now, we are going forward on our biggest project yet and want you to join us.
You love implementing and providing fluid and reliable gameplay mechanics, working closely with the game design team to achieve an exciting game flow for your players? Implementing hit-boxes, stagger times, tight movement controls and animation bound gameplay mechanics are your bread and butter?
If that sounds like you, send us your application!
Please note, that we as a company value diversity and want to strongly encourage people from marginalized groups to apply for positions at our studio. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
- programming experience in game development (3+ years)
- credit on at least 1 shipped commercial title
- mastery of Unity3D and C# (3+ years)
- mastery in implementing gameplay functionality
- experience with technical side of animation systems
- experience in implementing player control systems
- experience with VCS
- experience on working closely with game designers to achieve desired game feel
- strong written and verbal, technical and non-technical communication skills
- affinity for action games or strategy and deck-building games
- required residency in Germany or willing to relocate to Germany before start of production
- preferred working in Berlin or Ludwigsburg
- work closely with game design department to implement game mechanics
- build tweakable, balanceable mechanics
- tie character animations closely together with combat mechanics
- provide amazing tools for game designers to work with
- actively collaborate at feature request and scrum sessions discussions
What we offer:
flexible work hours (32h/week for everyone)
full support for company pension (Betriebsrente)
yearly consulting from insurance partner
additional bonus programs and subsidies
a strict no crunch policy and correct handling of overtime
flat company structures, valuing individual responsibilities and direct communication
a really bad-ass large-scale project to work on
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly:
Send us an email with the subject line “Experienced Gameplay Programmer” to email@example.com. Please include your resume in the body of the email, as well as links to your portfolio, and/or a link to any personal work. In this context feel free to exclude your name, age, gender and/or picture. Please try not to include any file attachments.
Complete the questionnaire below and include it in the body of the e-mail
Please, include your answers to the following questions in your application. Please, be concise. However, there is no minimum or maximum word count.
Why do you want to work at Studio Fizbin?
What feature or project are you particularly proud of? What did you contribute to the project? Please, explain what it was and what you did in a non-technical fashion.
- Describe a challenging feature you’ve implemented and how you solved it for a technical reader.
- Elden Ring, Hotline Miami, Dead Cells: Describe a shared gameplay mechanic and what you think is most challenging in implementing it.
Please, state your salary expectations.
Thanks a lot! Let’s build something cool together.