Senior Environment Artist (f/m/d)
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit. We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can't wait to tell their friends about.
About the Role
Would you like to be part of a passionate team dedicated to creating unique players' experience and to leave a mark in the landscape of games? We are currently seeking a Senior Environment Artist to work with us overseeing our current projects in the pipeline (will depend on your craft expertise and motivation).
As Senior Environment Artist you will be expected to work independently on building well-designed scenes and levels as well as integrating assets in the engine. Work with us on creating amazing art and making a unique experience for our players. This role reports to the Lead Environment Artist.
- Building well-designed levels and scenes
- Integrate assets for use in the game engine
- Create assets from proxy phase to final shippable quality
- UV mapping and baking
- Generating materials (PBR)
- Collaborate with level and narrative designers to create environments which balance aesthetics with playability and technical feasibility
Your Skill Tree
- 3+ years of experience in professional game developmentMotivated to work within a designated artistic style, and to execute according to the overall art direction and project goals
- Experience with Unreal Engine tools and workflows including materials and content optimizations
- Good modelling skill using 3DSMax / Modo / Maya / ZBrush / Blender or similar
- Solid knowledge of composition and shape balance
- Adept propagation skills, specifically with modular asset-building sets
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Thorough understanding of shader creation
- Strong understanding of architecture
- Experience with procedural content creation using Houdini/Substance is plus
Ready for the Quest?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We have a Company Ticket benefit for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG or DB)
- We´re pet friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office! Or you can choose E-GYM subscription for more flexibility instead.
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
Our commitment to Diversity
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
Is this role Remote, Hybrid or Berlin based?
This position can be 100% remote via WorkMotion. But if you want to relocate (hybrid) we have a nice package for that ;)