Lead 3Cs Designer (m/f/d)
Who we are:
Deck13 Interactive GmbH, founded in 2001, is one of the leading game developers in Germany in the heart of Frankfurt. In 2020 Deck13 was acquired by Focus Entertainment, one of Europe’s leading video game publishers.
We have around 100 talented employees from more than 15 nations developing world class action RPG games. These include major releases such as Lords of the Fallen and The Surge and Atlas Fallen which have also helped us make a name for ourselves in the international market.
To continue our success story, we are now looking for you to join our team as our new Lead 3Cs Designer (m/f/x).
- Driving both combat and exploration experiences from the player character’s perspective, alongside the Game Design Director and senior team members.
- Managing and mentoring the 3C Design team, as well as nurturing team cohesion, a positive work environment and a constructive collaboration with other departments.
- Supervising the development of 3C features (camera, character, controller), as well as their production dependencies from early design to final polish, guaranteeing the highest quality within production deadlines.
- Defining short and mid-term plannings in accordance with Producers and the Game Design Director.
- Ensuring the communication and the proper documentation of combat features.
- 2+ games shipped and 5+ years of professional experience in the fields of 3C design, with an emphasis on driving combat and navigation experiences from conception to final polish.
- Strong knowledge of professional game development editors and visual scripting.
- Experience in a leadership role is a strong plus.
- Good knowledge of user experience is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
We want to put our employees at the core of everything we do. This means creating the conditions that allow our employees to feel understood and valued while also being empowered and supported to do exceptional work in service of creating the best games.
To achieve this, we offer:
- Great, modern office in the heart of Frankfurt (close to Grüneburgweg)
- Free language courses
- Free access to a mental health platform
- Career growth and development with a yearly learning & development budget
- Remote Work within Germany + 30 days remote work abroad per year
- 28 days of paid vacation plus 24th and 31st of December free
- Monthly remote work & gym allowance
- Participation in our bonus system after the first shipped project