Engine (Tools) Programmer (m/f/d)
Develop in-house tools. Contribute, maintain and improve low-level engine systems. Ensure the reliability and stability of the editor codebase. Create documentation. Provide support and training to our game development teams who utilize the tools you are working on. Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, documentation, etc.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Work directly on content authoring tools used by the development team;
- Work closely with the leads and other engineers to plan and build new tools and technology features;
- Monitor performance and memory usage and plan and execute performance and memory optimizations;
- Develop other game, editor, tools or infrastructure features as required;
- Work well with other engineers, designers, artists and IT personnel.
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
- Skills and experience in C# and/or Qt a surplus
- Knowledge about modern tool development
- Understanding the principles of user experience
- Deep Understanding for game development pipelines and workflows
- Understanding of art creation process for animation
- Ability to adjust to an existing codebase and standards
- Experience with modern commercial game engines/frameworks
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivated
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for realtime strategy or roleplaying games is welcomed
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Germany/E.U.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Schleissheimer Str. 6-10